AAFDA Conference – Vision to 2030 and beyond
Agricultural Field Days travelled from throughout Australia and New Zealand to attend this year’s Annual Conference, held on July 19-20 at Novotel Darling Harbour in Sydney.
The extensive range of presentations delivered key insights by industry leaders, as to what our regional events need to address in ensuring they continue to deliver for agribusiness and farmers across both countries, while generating sales estimated more than $1 billion pa and attracting a visitor audience of over one million.
We were delighted to welcome The Hon Dugald Saunders (NSW Minister for Agriculture) and The Hon David Littleproud (Shadow Minister for Agriculture) alongside presenters and special guests.
We wish to thank the generous support of key stakeholders and members for making the AAFDA Conference in 2022 a huge success and setting the vision for our events in the future.
AAFDA Strategic Priorities
- Take AAFDA to a new level and raise the profile
- Attract more members with a strong value proposition
- Develop annual report
- Regular updates and comms inc. video updates
- Create a promotional video of field days represented in Australia and NZ
- Economic benefit statement
- Create a member hub
- Knowledge sharing communication platform
- Blueprint documents and templates
- Database of contacts and recommended suppliers
- Funding opportunities
- Facilitate group buying – insurance, software, etc.
- Develop and manage an employment pool where members can share staff
- Develop and manage a volunteer management system
- Attract and support youth in ag (e.g., Next Gen, MYAG)
- Continue strong advocacy
- Market research identifying future opportunities
- Create relevant strategic alliances